Shaughnessy is one of the more vibrant heritage areas in the Vancouver area with homes dating from the first half of the last century. It is largely residential but has large transportation arteries of the city running right through it. Known as the city’s ‘heart’ it houses the central Queen Elizabeth park and the Van Dusen botanical park. It has two hospitals and It is bordered by 16th Avenue to the north, 41st Avenue to the south, Oak Street to the east, and East Boulevard to the west. Shaughnessy neighborhood has some unique History to it as the neighbourhood has always commanded a special place in Vancouver. Its original developers, the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), designed the subdivision in the early part of the century as an exclusive enclave for Vancouver’s wealthy, and named it after its president, Sir Thomas Shaughnessy. The city has created a ‘walking tour’ of the neighborhood which is a great introduction to the history and architecture.
In 1922, the Province enacted the Shaughnessy Heights Building Restriction Act, prohibiting new subdivisions of lots and permitting only one single-family dwelling per lot. To this day it remains rich in cultural history and protected by building restrictions. There are new and older condos for sale in some areas, especially around the Cambie St. corridor and there are areas with townhouses for sale and single family housing.
Some Of 'My Picks' For Shaughnessy:
- SEASONS IN THE PARK – West 33 Ave and Cambie St. Queen Elizabeth Park
- VIJ’S RESTAURANT – 3106 Cambie St
- BANANNA LEAF – 820 West Broadway
- PEACEFUL RESTAURANT – 532 West Broadway
- LA TAQUERIA – 2549 Cambie
- TOJOS RESTAUARANT – 1133 West Broadway
- U&I THAI RESTAURANT – 3364 Cambie
- KABOODLES TOY STORE – 3404 Cambie WATCH PAM’S PICKS
- LEMONADE GLUTEN FREE – 3385 Cambie WATCH PAM’S PICKS
- SPILL IT SISTER– 1856 West 57th ( just outside Shaughnessy border WATCH PAM’S PICKS
Parks & Community Centres
- DOUGLAS PARK COMMUNITY CENTRE
- KERRISDALE COMMUNITY CENTRE
- KERRISDALE CYCLONE TAYLOR ARENA
- KERRISDALE POOL
- MARPOLE-OAKRIDGE COMMUNITY CENTRE
- PARKS IN SHAUGHNESSY
- VANDUSEN BOTANICAL GARDEN
- OAK MEADOWS PARK OFF-LEASH DOG AREA
- OAKRIDGE BRANCH — VANCOUVER PUBLIC LIBRARY
- FIRE HALL NO. 18
- KERRISDALE-OAKRIDGE-MARPOLE COMMUNITY POLICING CENTRE
No Properties Found!
Try to broaden your current search criteria
Why Pam in This Area
I strive to be more than just a Vancouver Realtor who sells you a house. My goal is to be a guide towards navigating you towards your ideal future home. A home is more than just 4 walls, it is the culture, community and lifestyle that surrounds it. I endeavour to have intimate knowledge on the Neighborhoods in Vancouver to not only be up to speed on Vancouver Real Estate, but to also have in depth understanding and connection to the communities within it. With Pam’s Picks ~ Vancouver’s Best Kept Secrets, I uncover the ‘hidden gems’ within the Vancouver Communities and get to know local retailers and local organizations so you can choose your community along with your home, safe in the knowledge that I have researched extensively for you and provided these resources to you.
Pam specializes in the Westside area of Vancouver which includes the following neighborhoods: